We’re looking for a copywriter to work with us on our personal performance analytics tool for League of Legends players. You’ll have the chance to work on a tool that’s the first of its kind and in a booming industry that’s been growing exponentially for years.
This means the chance to improve the gaming experience of your fellow summoners all over the world, working alongside video game enthusiasts like yourself. The aim of our company is to build powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and present their best self to the community they play in, AND of course we want it to be a fun journey...
That’s where you come in! As a copywriter, we want you to add the right flavor to the world we paint. The stories we tell the players and the advice we give have to feel like a natural extension of the world these players inhabit, specifically what they spend 100’s of hours playing. League of Legends is where we are starting, but if you love all sorts of games and find yourself quoting random characters in games, you are definitely in the right place with us.
We have a highly transparent work philosophy for everything from workflow, to salary. The team is distributed all over the world, so where you want to pitch up in a hammock in Thailand, work from your mother’s basement in Michigan or anything in between doesn’t matter. Your love for League and video games, your attention to detail, and love for user experience does.
Role Specific Skills:
- Vast game knowledge regarding video game characters and their quips:
- Do you know what Lee Sin says when you annoy him?
- Do you know who the Frejlord are?
- Do you know who Artanis is?
- Do you know who Thrall is?
- If you don’t know the specific above things, then that’s ok, but caring and knowing about the game lore and nuances is a huge boon to be able to do this job well.
- Robust understand of the the meme lingo in video game culture
- Do you do comics, anime, and games
- Do you like fantasy series like Game of Thrones?
- You may not know everything in these fields, but we know that this is a huge part of the world our players populate, so we need you to be fluent to relate to them best. In short you have to be one of them.
- Solid and diverse writing skills
- Can create short meaningful advice
- Can write longer articles for press releases and content
- Basically you should be articulate enough to write diverse content. Good writing comes from good reading, which should mean you cover the above two.
- Plays the games with some measure of desire to improve.
- Of course we want you to be someone who plays the games we create our tools around. Playing them may be enough, but to communicate to players effectively you must have some sort of latent desire to improve… No we don’t care if you are bronze or diamond.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- We don’t want to tell you what to do all the time. Hopefully you will tell us what we need to be doing. We want can do people, not can’t do people. In our experience, passion breeds enthusiasm, which breeds a strong desire to learn. That’s why we want to know you care.
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast paced environment.
- Think of our team as a ranked team, we strive for excellence and don’t waste each other's time with BS. We all support each other, but that also means being good critics. Be able to take criticism! That is the only real path to improvement!
- Excellent attention to detail, quality of work and time management.
- Be proud of your work, not for our sake, but for yours. We will be proud too! Working hard is important, but being efficient is more important, so using your time wisely is paramount to successful projects.
If you love games, and have a strong desire to create content for a passionate community of competitive players, this is the place for you. We really want to help players be their best self when playing with others around the world, and you should help us create that environment. Please reach out and join the team!